Some of you may remember when I took my "Log Your Run" sidebar thingy down. I was feeling really negative about stuff and had kind of lost my "mojo". It's not like I was giving up, but I just wasn't feeling all that motivated in acheiving my goals. I had kind of reached a wall or plateau physically and mentally, and couldn't find the will to go any further.
Well, I can't say that I feel much different today. I still feel kind of apathetic and tired of the whole thing. But I've decided to press on anyway. I've been waiting to feel that spark, that fire to go further in my journey. I figured if I could just manage to lose a little more weight and get down to my goal weight, that training for a half-marathon might be more comfortable and possibly easier. I realized recently that if I keep waiting, it'll never happen. If anything might possibly get my butt kicked into gear, it's probably being on a training program. Maybe all these extra miles over the next 12 weeks will finally get me over my plateau. Maybe this is the fire or spark that I need.
I definitely feel like I need to stretch at this point. I haven't felt that surge of adrenalin lately. You know the feeling when you've reached your usual limits, and then you push yourself just a little bit further. You feel powerful, strong, and you prove to yourself that you can absolutely do anything with enough determination. I remember feeling that at the beginning of my journey, but I haven't felt it lately. I want to again. I think I can.
So here's my post that dedicates the next 12 weeks to training for a half-marathon (13.1 miles). I'm planning on running the Detroit Free Press/Flagstar Bank Half-Marathon on October 19th, 2008. I'm putting it out there to keep me honest. I'll leave my "Log Your Run" sidebar thingy up until at least that time so you can keep me honest too. It's kind of scary, but I'll just take it 1 mile at a time. Think little engine that could...yeah, that's right.

5 comments:
Run. Suzy. Run. I'm behind you all the way ... literally !
You'll do great!! I think a goal always brings the mojo back! Good Luck!
You rock, Suze. I'm proud of you.
Go Suzy ! Pretend you're "running for the cure" every step you take!
I admire your tenacity and determination and am proud of your example to the rest of us. I like bragging "My daughter in law is a runner. She's in training for a half-marathon in Detroit"! One of these days I hope you'll be able to "run right out" of Detroit but in the meantime, we're cheering you on... YOU CAN DO IT !!
you never cease to amaze me!!!!!! good for you!
Post a Comment