Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Woman of Leisure

So it's been 4 days and I hardly know what to do with myself. Going to work takes some of the guesswork out of it, but today especially I have been struck with how cavernous my house can be without bodies to fill it, and how slowly the hours roll by without people to take care of. Only 2 loads of laundry to do this morning and only 3 bags of groceries to buy at Kroger. Seriously, I am out of my element. My primary lesson is done, and I am eagerly awaiting my dinner date with Erin to celebrate her birthday. She is my only lifeline to the outside world at this point. I hope I don't freak her out with incessant talking and nervous laughter. (Just kidding!)

I miss my brood. I know they are having tons-o-fun without me though. Yesterday alone included a trip to Idaho Falls to jump on Aunt Fae's trampoline and be spoiled by her and other extended family members, a trip to Arctic Circle, and a trip to Rigby Lake with their cousins in the late afternoon. Today was a trip to the Sand Dunes and new Splash Park (Porter Park) in Rexburg. If anything, all their fun is making me a little jealous.

Yesterday I guess they were picking a place to eat lunch and it was between Arctic Circle and Taco Time (both awesome choices in my humble opinion), and Maryn said, "we can't eat Taco Time because it will make us miss Mom more and be sad." I couldn't help but laugh! What sweethearts!

Now you'll have to excuse me while I get busy continuing my life of leisure. Hope your weekend is as relaxing as mine!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

We're going to the Sand Dunes tomorrow! My sister and I are excited to tour our old stomping grounds--Taco Time is on her list. I can't wait!!! Of course, Birch #106 will be on our must see list!

Paul and Linda said...

I am not accepting the "woe is me" Home Alone sequel. If you were not such a "phone-a-phobe" you would know that we called twice on Sat. to invite your company for lunch !

melanie said...

Ahhh... nothing like a little absence to make the heart grow fonder. What a bummer to be apart though, they do look like they are having the time of their lives from the pics on Mark's blog! If I were there I'd make up excuses to come and sit in your quiet. It's chaos up in here. :)