Sunday, August 16, 2009

Change, The One True Constant

Remember that post I wrote about a week or so ago all about how much my life has changed in the past year? In looking back and reading my blog posts from the summer of 2008, I realized how much perspective I'd gained in seemingly such a short amount of time, and I was able to see how the major changes that took place have made me into a new person. Different in many ways from what I expected, but good nonetheless.

One thing is true in this life--change happens, and that is a good thing. Also, we can become new and better people every day.

I've been following a blog for sometime. You may have heard of it...it's called the NieNie Dialogues. I found her via CJane (they're sisters). At first I didn't like NieNie. I thought she was incredibly egocentric...in love with herself, her looks, her husband (over the top), her charmed life. I was reading her long before her accident. And I was stunned along with millions of other readers as I observed all of the events unfold over the months following their August 2008 plane crash. For awhile, nobody was sure whether either of them would make it. But survive they did. And wow. What a story!! What an inspiration their little family has become--what an inspiration she has become. What they have overcome takes true faith and courage.

And what she did today is yet another huge milestone.
http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

I am so proud of how far she has come. She has never given up. She has overcome. One of her greatest fears was revealing her new appearance. I think she's never been more beautiful.

Isn't it true? What a difference a year can make. For all of us.

4 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

I had just read Lisa's post on "Light Refreshments" and it's link to the newspaper story, and cried for NieNie all over. What an incredible missionary she has become through this. There is no way the Church could have received the public awareness of "faith in every footstep" that CJane's running testimony of the hand of the Lord in NieNie's life. Bless her for her courage. I wonder how many made the hike ?

Shalee said...

whoa..never read either blog but just got sucked in for the past half hour or so. What a story and what an inspiration!!!!

Shalee said...

ps- I am now addicted....

Mrs. Yawney said...

I just checked in with CJane and Nie Nie last night and was surprised to learn that she had revealed herself and to learn about her hike to the Y. Such an inspiration. I cried too. Thanks for introducing us to them.

b