Thursday, August 6, 2009

P-Town and a Quick Update

Yesterday was my last trip to P-Town. (After listening to their local radio station while driving there, we discovered that this is what locals call Peoria.) Anyway, it was my last appt. with the Maternal Fetal Specialists there. I guess that's a good thing, but I have to admit I'm a little hesitant about it as well.

News was good. My cervical length has not only not changed, but lengthened out even more. I was up to almost the original length of 4 inches (3.8). Weird, huh? The human body is an amazing thing. I was surprised. I hadn't been feeling great this past week. Just really tired and feeling lots of contractions and generally uncomfortable. The whole things is a mystery. But whatever.

But we're not out of the woods just yet. I'm still on bedrest. This time because my amniotic fluid is getting low. It's under the normal levels and since I have another 6-ish weeks to go, I'm supposed to take it easy so that it doesn't get any lower and jump-start labor again. Gee-whiz, it's always something.

As we were leaving the appointment Mark told me that my uterus should be nicknamed "Quasimodo". The more I think about it, the more I think that's pretty appropriate. Mishapen, with a big hump on the left side, smallish, kind of funny looking, mysterious, but still doing it's job the best it can. (TMI???)

The other news is that Baby girl is still breech and at this point cannot turn. No room and not enough fluid, so C-section here I come. I'm fine with it, I just don't want an emergency situation. And from the looks of things, it shouldn't need to be. Luckily she doesn't have either foot dangling down near the cervix. She's actually kneeling on her lower legs. It looked like she was praying quite honestly. (Maybe that she'll stay in there as long as possible, maybe that we'll get our acts together before she gets here...who knows!?!) She was sleeping when we got there, and would not wake up for anything. Which is totally not like her. Usually she is squirming and twitching pretty regularly all day. At least while she slept we were able to get a better look at her face. Adorable. She has the Day chin...we can already tell. Her jawline actually reminded me of Avery a little bit.

After our appt. we said our goodbyes to Dr. Gross and staff and hussled our little behinds over to Qdoba. Mark dropped his business card in the fishbowl the last time we were there, and we actually won 2 free entrees!! So lunch cost us around $8 for the girls kid's meals. Saweet!!

After lunch, we hit the P-Town Mall to get my nursing bra's and some back-to-school outfits for the girls. We found really cute things and were able to get some good deals as well. I'm glad we didn't have to give up that fun tradition. They will both have new outfits, shoes, and backpacks and hopefully feel like they aren't totally taking a backseat to Baby girl. Now we just need to figure out what to do about Avery's birthday. This is her year to have a party. I was thinking of just waiting until after her bday, but what to do about the actual party? Any ideas?

4 comments:

Shalee said...

YAY! More good news! I can't believe BG is going to be here so soon! I wish I lived closer, I just took newborn pics for my new nephew and wish I could just zoom over when your baby comes and do some! Sorry- no help with birthdays- I didn't even get a cake made for Hadley this year. (I'm so ashamed!)

melanie said...

3 cheers for Quasimodo!! I hope your fluid can stay stable until the green light for delivery-- I think a scheduled c/s will be soothing to your little planning heart!!

What about a cooking party? Make pizzas & cookies, play hot potato, decorate aprons... easy!

Erin said...

one thing after the other...geez. Hang in there.

CUTE idea for the cooking party, Mel! Ave is into being a chef right now, right Suz?!

Mrs. Yawney said...

Hi Suzy...every time I try to comment it weirds out on me. Just want you to know that I'm thinking of you. I hear people call Provo "P-Town" as well. I wish I was closer to come visit. I can't wait to meet your bebe. Miss you and our GNO's.

Love, Becky