Friday, February 4, 2011
Can you say funny?
Parker is not really talking yet. It's kind of concerning because the big girls were both talking by this time. I talked to the dr. at her last appt. and she said give her another month and by 18 months, we'll see what happens. I told the dr. she knows exactly what we're talking about and will point and mumble, but no real words. Unless you can count this...lately when I ask her if she wants something..."Parker, do you want some lunch?" she'll respond, "huh-uh." Which sounds like no, but really means yes because she'll run to her high-chair or the fridge. Precocious much? Sometimes I'll ask her, "Parker, do you want your binky?" and she'll shake her head no emphatically, whilst plucking the binky from my fingers and shoving it in her mouth as if to say, "thanks for the reminder Mom." So I know she knows what we're talking about. I just wonder if this is all her little game. To hold out on us as long as she can to prove her dominance. To make us spoil her just a little bit longer. To prove, once and for all, she IS the baby, forever and always, amen. I mean she has all these servants at her beckoned call. We jump when she cries, squeals, or squeaks. We clap and ooh and ahh when she makes funny faces or does new things. She knows she's got us right where she wants us. Could this be a form of manipulation? Sometimes when I look at her, I think yes (as I shake my head no), but other times when I hear her say "huh-uh" (for yes), or "mama" (for more food) I think she's doing just fine and to chill out. But this sweet little voice that is slowly emerging is just too much to handle...when I hear her babble as she plays, or sing along as I sing to her at bedtime, or bossily yell "mama" for more food...I think maybe she's holding out because my heart might just explode inside my chest. She is just too darn cute!! But seriously, any advice on how to get her talking???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you remember the distance between MaMa and DaDa and S.A.S.S. ? About 3 giant steps, that's what !
So, love the babble while it lasts !
Ha-ha, mom!! Sounds like her first word is "no"-- it just means everything! :)
I'm always so amazed that it seems like overnight when they can start saying things. I bet in a month she'll be saying "perry the platypus" before you know it! Don't worry!
Post a Comment