Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Chicken and the Faux-hawk

While we were going through some of the cupboards in the Rigby kitchen, we came across the infamous chicken basket. We all collectively said, "Awww, the chicken!!", and we added it to the pile of sentimental items to sort through later. I didn't see what happened to the chicken after that, but come to find out about a week ago, a smart sister-in-law had already "hatched" a plan!! The infamous chicken basket graced the dining room table at most family dinners. It was a chicken covered oblong basket filled with warm rolls...usually Rhodes rolls (which Laurie loved to make), or the very delicious Geraldine's rolls (which Laurie loved to eat!) LOL! Anyway, the chicken basket has been around a long time. And tradition is nothing to "bawk" at. You can imagine how excited I was to open a package from Moscow, Idaho last week and find my very own personal chicken topper!! What a sweet gift...it will definitely bring back some very happy memories. Thank you Mindy! You are awesome. Too bad Geraldine's is so far away!!



In other news, Parker's hair is finally growing!! This is what happened after she put all manner of slime in her hair during lunch one day and I used a wash cloth to give her a quick shampoo. I present to you...Parker with a Faux-Hawk!! Move over Sanjaya, you've got some stiff competition in town!!



3 comments:

melanie said...

What a fun keepsake! I'm glad Mindy went the "eggstra" mile and made one for everyone!

The cuteness of the faux-hawk is off the charts, man! She's getting so big. It's time for the whale-spout pony!

Shalee said...

I love the chicken too. And I really love the faux-hawk. A lot.

Paul and Linda said...

Stylin' !

Love the topper, but more the memory tribute. Mindy and her sewing machine = thoughtful.