Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas in Tonica, Part 4

Christmas Eve at our house included a recovering Parker and Mommy from a nasty stomach virus the two days prior. Ugh! It wouldn't be Christmas without someone getting sick, I guess!!



Regardless, the show must go on...and it did!!  Thanks to the help of an awesome Dad and big sisters!!  The table was set, the food was prepared, and the evening was pleasantly enjoyable.  We opened Christmas jammies, read our stories (Twas the Night Before Christmas and King James), bore our testimonies, sang our carols, and ended the night with cookies and milk for Santa. 


Who can blame Parker (or any of the rest of us) for not wanting to go to sleep on a night like this?!?  But asleep they went while Santa and his helper busily wrapped presents, gobbled down cookies, and stuffed the stockings.


Christmas morning was started by the gleeful giggles of a certain 3 year old in our house already playing with toys while the rest of us slept on...I realized what was happening as I heard her say, "The Lorax!" and "a princess flashlight!"  Are you kidding me!?!  Luckily she hadn't gotten too far into the process before we were able to grab her, and wake up the older two to make the traditional march down the hallway. 


I love this pic of Maryn and Avery enjoying their Christmas books.  It is just so appropriate for these two. 


Christmas was so nice, and we are all grateful for our blessings.  It's hard to believe this is our 4th Christmas in our little brick house in Tonica.  The girls are all growing so fast, and life is moving right along with them.  It's kind of bittersweet.


Hope you and your families all had a wonderful Christmas as well!!  Lots of love to each and every one of you!!

3 comments:

melanie said...

ha-ha!! I'm totally giggling at hearing her little voice in the morning as she discovered the treasures. So fun!!!

Time goes by too fast! We keep shaking our heads that we've lived in AZ longer now than we lived in MI. It's really surreal.

Paul and Linda said...

I'm wondering who Parker is always looking at off to the side in her snaps ?

I love the pj's picture ... and the two bookworms warm my heart. Did Ave get GWTW finished ?

Shalee said...

I love that Parker just went for it! What a girl :) Glad you had a good Christmas!!