Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Newest Teenager in Town

That would be our very own Maryn Brown, folks!  It's official!  Read all about it! 


All she wanted for her 13th birthday was a trip to Birch Run (a huge outlet mall that is really close by), a pair of "Madden Girl" boots, her favorite dinner, and CHOCOLATE CAKE!!

Unfortunately, Michigan is in the middle of a SNOW-POCALYPSE, so we had to resort to Plan B on that front...a trip to the Saginaw Mall...wha wha wha WHAAAA...she was a pretty good sport about it though...she was just happy to shop all day long!!

While we were out she chose lunch at a middle eastern place called "TABOON" in Saginaw.  It was tasty, and we all got our shawarma with hommus and pita on.  Yummers!

That night I made her favorite dinner of "Mac-n-Cheese with Ham", and afterwards we had cake and ice cream.  In her words, "it was the best day I've had in a loooong time."


How do we feel about embarking on the official teenage years, you ask?  I'm glad we have Maryn to break us in...she is a great daughter who is patient, kind-hearted, and forgiving.  Thank goodness she is forgiving...

Ready or not, here we go... 

2 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

I'm not gonna say "it seems like yesterday", because it was 13 yrs ago, fercryin'outloud! But it doesn't seem that long ago when I was sleeping on the couch in Boise, and watching Mark stumble through on his way to the kitchen to warm her bottle, hand her off, and stagger back to the bedroom. Then I had me some quality Maryn time ! She was a sweetie then and still is ! Look how dear she is being to Parker ?

melanie said...

Happy Birthday Maryn! She looks so grown up in that first picture. She is a girl after my own heart, pretty sure I asked for the every exact thing this year for MY birthday! Love it!

Hope it's a great year!