Christmas Eve was spent at home this year. We set a fancy Christmas table using the "Sheffield" china this year. We made our annual Christmas Ham dinner with cheesy potato casserole, green beans, rolls, and a jello salad. We had chocolate cream pie for dessert.
After dinner, we usually have our program. This year we watched a Christmas DVD about Christ's birth, set to music sung by MoTab. After that, we read the story from Luke while the girls put pieces of the Nativity on a flannel board. After the "spiritual" part, we always read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, and put reindeer food out on the front lawn (equal parts oatmeal, sprinkles, and sparkles). We lay out a plate of cookies and a mug of milk for Santa, and then the girls open their jammies from Grandma and Grandpa, and we get ready for bed!! It's nothing fancy, but it's become something that we all enjoy each year.
I loved Parker's reaction to her Princess jammies this year...she was absolutely "in love" with them.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas, and an even Happier New Year!!
Peace out Christmas Peeps!! I don't think these girls are falling asleep anytime soon!!
1 comment:
I love that "Now, settle down" response !
I also love the ham dinner photos …
Dad and I had the It-Am Bakery lasagna on the Eve and Erin sent over a ham dinner to the prisoner and her spouse.
Post a Comment