Check out the comment I posted for Blog Segullah's "January Word Games". Diane, this one's for you!! Thank you for being with me for such a special experience.
http://segullah.org/word-challenge/january-word-games/#comment-42705
"My companion and I had just finished teaching a Ukranian family the
first discussion. The family consisted of a father, mother, and teenage
daughter. We had the discussion in the humble home of a single sister
in our tiny branch in the Czech Republic. She also lived with her two
teenage daughters and elderly mother. This little farmhouse was packed
with people. She had taken in the Ukranian family to board with her as
she needed the extra income, and they (starting out in a new country
looking for work) needed a place to stay. This sister was a voracious
missionary and immediately had us teaching them within days of them
moving in. It was around Christmas time and I remember trying
desperately to teach them the Gospel, but we didn’t speak Ukrainian…we
barely spoke Czech as it was, but you would have never known. The
spirit worked through us and I have never felt that same feeling
again…it knew no language. It was an indescribable warmth and feeling
of love and understanding. We left that evening after finishing our
discussion in the middle of a huge snow fall. The fields were covered
in white and the flakes fell slowly, heavily onto our dark coats as we
made our way back to the train station. I remember being quiet for a
long time, and then stopping, looking at my companion and seeing that
she had tears streaming down her face as well. I suggested we
pray…right there in the middle of that field, snow falling on our
shoulders, thanking our Heavenly Father for such a glorious experience
and beautiful moment in time surrounded by stillness and light that I
will never forget."
8 comments:
That's really sweet. Lovely experience and lovely writing.
Thanks for inviting me in Suzy. So fun to get to know you better this way, especially since I don't VT you anymore. :o( It was fun catching up on your last few months!
I don't remember having heard that experience before, but it was very faith promoting, and I won't forget it now. Probably not much opportunity to use it with my Sunbeam Crowd Control responsibilities now, but certainly at other times.
About Segullah ... did you have to join to blog ? If so, is it overall worth the $$$ ?
thanks. as far as blogging with Segullah, as far as I know it's free. they haven't sent any internet cops after me for unpaid dues, so I think it's fair game.
Thanks for sharing the memory!
What a neat experience..thanks for sharing it.
i, too, will never forget that day. that made sooooo many of the rough times worth it, huh? i am sitting here bawling--not only because it touched me, but because we are pregnant! finally! i am 16 weeks! just wanted to fill ya in!
very sweet! :)
Post a Comment