Okay, so I closed the polls early. I couldn’t wait anymore. Besides, it seemed like “Ready to Run” was in the lead anyway so I just “ran” with it. Hope you like the new look and the new title!
I’m so glad you all chose this title. I LOVE this song by the Chicks. It’s on my iPod and it always gets me moving on the treadmill. Which is another reason I love this new title. As some of you know, I have learned to really love running these past couple years. It has definitely become my cardio of choice at the gym, and when the weather’s nice outside too. I have dreams of doing a half or full marathon someday (for now I don’t have the time to train). In the meantime, I’m actually getting ready to run a 10K in April. This is kind of a big deal for me as you know it has been a huge struggle for me to get here. It feels good. I used to hate it and now I find myself craving it. It has helped me in so many ways, and so I think it is appropriate for that reason.
I also like this title because I think it also describes our life most days. From the minute we wake up to the minute we climb in bed, we are running…to school, work, back home to make dinner and do homework, errands, activities, playing, etc. We lead a pretty busy life and try to keep up with ourselves.
There was some pretty serious competition out there, I must say. When I set up the poll, I did not expect “write-in’s” on the ballot. They were hilarious! You guys are so clever and I’m tickled that you would use your sweet skillz for me. I loved Shauna’s “Czech Me Out” and “Cubicle Chronicles”, which I totally would have used if it weren’t for my paranoia that my boss is reading my blog. Hee hee. “Tales from Maria Lion” was also a serious contender. My family will get the joke, but the rest of you may not. I’ll blog about it some other time. Thanks again for your votes…it was fun to get everybody’s participation. Maybe one of these days I’ll get one of my sisters to help me do something with my lame banner (hint, hint).
Until then…
5 comments:
Way to go on the running! Maybe someday I will actually enjoy it too. Probably not. Oh well.
Love the new look and the title is perfect!
Your blog looks great...I'm glad you kept a hue of brown in your title line!
Love it, Love it, LOVE IT! :)
Love the new look & new title!
I'd be glad to help with a banner anytime!
Post a Comment