Happy Birthday to my brother Ryan! Today he is 21 months older than me...36! When we were growing up, I was always big and tall for my age and he was always the opposite. Lots of people asked us if we were twins. I always thought it was hilarious, but I know it bugged him. I was probably a pesky little sister to him, but he did plenty of harassing himself. I'll never forget getting the sweetest apology letter from him while he was serving his mission in Fresno, CA--Spanish speaking. "I'm sorry for teasing you so much when we were growing up", it said. And he was. He's been nothing but the sweetest, funniest, supportive brother ever since.
Ryan's a wiz with money (he's a financial planner), and he has a lot of it. He loves national parks and has hiked and camped almost all of them...seriously. He loves politics and religion. (But don't get him started on either subject.) He also loves sports, especially watching them. He is still a huge Cougar fan. He is married to the funny and talented Gretchen LaRae Mills. Together they have created some seriously beautiful children. LaRae is the their oldest, then BriAnna (born the day after me), Sterling, Max, and CaRina. They live in a gorgeous and recently remodeled (thanks to an active nesting season of her last pregnancy) home in the hills of Orem, Utah. We don't get to see them very often, and so it's a real treat when we are all together. He not only never fails to make me laugh when we're together, but he also has an uncanny ability to make me stop and re-evaluate my retirement savings plans. There's nobody else like him! Happy birthday Ryan, hope it's a great one!!
2 comments:
every time I think of you and Ryan together now I can't help but remember..."I pulled that cream colored turtleneck over my ratted bangs and called it good"!!! Hilarious!
Happy B-Day to your Mormon Twin! You do look surprisingly alike in that first pic! Maybe it's the "squinty" eyes?
Post a Comment