Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Perfect Example of Irony

Guess what fell out of my gym bag today? My Ipod shuffle? No. My running shoes? No. Assorted personal hygeine products? No.





This:

At first, I was really confused because I usually put my clothes in plastic bags so they don't mix with my shoes and I thought maybe it mistakenly got put in a grocery bag that I then used to pack my clothes in. Then I thought, I never buy these...why would it have been in a grocery bag in the first place?

Then I remembered this past weekend.

We celebrated Jeff and Mark's (January) birthdays with a couples only dinner at Uno Chicago Grill. The guys got cards and gifts from those in attendance and Erin gave both a small sampler size box of chocolates. All I can say is they were really good. I think I ate most of them...his birthday present. So then I start thinking about how sad it is that I ate his birthday present and instead of replacing his own gift, he goes out and gets ME MORE! Which is a really sweet gesture and made me feel all special and stuff.

But then reality slapped me across the face and I realized where I was!! In mid dress-down in the gym and I literally laughed out loud. Oh how the irony cracked me up! Not only is Mark a pretty sweet guy, he's also incredibly ironic and clever. Or he's seriously trying to sabotage me and he's harboring a little resentment over the fact I ate his birthday present.

What do you think?

6 comments:

Mark Brown said...

Ease up, Dr. Freud. I was just trying to do something nice. I only bought the small box instead of the big box, y'know?

Erin said...

on your pillow, on the seat of the car...anywhere but the gym bag, Mark! C'mon! :) Ha Ha! That really was a really sweet thing to do though...he was just giving you some motivation to get through that darn workout and back to the gym bag! :)

melanie said...

I'm totally giggling here. You should have put some in the pocket of your workout shorts...

and Mark, where's my invite to the norse penny press???

Shauna said...

I think it's totally sweet.

Of course the question should be: Which do you think would've been worse to fall out of your gym bag?

I think the tampon.

J'Amy Day said...

Funny...I ate most of Jeff's too...now I'm wishing I had another box in MY gym bag :)!

DBP said...

To Shauna's comment:
Yeah, cause you can eat the chocolate.